Welcome to February 2021ROC Weston Opportunities Newsletter.
Next Action Group Zoom
Meeting 23rd Feb at 14:00 – 15:00
Meeting ID: 275 091 3491
Opportunity: Community Grocery Food Club Development Consultant Required.
Paid role to develop 3 community groceries / food clubs across Weston and Worle.
Join our growing band of community mentors.
This is a rewarding and valuable initiative helping young people and families in our community. We now need to recruit more volunteers to join the team.
Dragons Den Community Project Funding Available.
We are actively looking for applications from individuals who have a community project idea that requires some seed funding to get going.
Food Club Development Consultant Wanted
Opportunity: Community Grocery Food Club Project
We are part of a coalition of local agencies seeking a consultant /project worker with community development skills and experience to help the coalition to develop 3 food clubs in Weston and Worle. The project will specifically involve:
- Research other food club models around the country and locally • Work with each local area to build on and develop local membership
- Develop viable business plans for each club
- Research and identify possible locations
- Set up recruitment process if and where necessary
- Establish a shared and agreed set of base line protocols
- Encourage continuous co-operation and collaboration between the projects
- Be led by community priorities
This is a paid role and interested applicants should contact:
Please circulate this and all these opportunities amongst your networks.
ROC Coach Community Mentoring
ROC + NS VRU “Dragons Den” project funding
North Somerset VRU have some funding available for seed funding small projects in Weston and Worle communities working with ROC Weston to help select and monitor progress in a “Dragons den” Style selection process. The aim of the funding is to seed new or support existing projects that will have an effect in the following areas:
- Reducing youth violence
- Raising awareness of knife crime
- Reducing domestic violence
- Reducing alcohol related violence
- Increasing the safety of the local area
Application forms can be found by clicking here : Application Form